Contractor Mortgages Direct (CMD )is a trading name of MortgageTek Limited.
Our contact details
Name: MortgageTek Ltd
Address: 31, Metro Centre, Dwight Rd, Northwood, Watford WD18 9SB
Phone Number: 020 3827 8558
1.The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Information we collect directly
We are a mortgage broker and our main job is to find the best mortgage for you. When you contact us, we will ask you various questions about your personal information, property history, and financial circumstances. Your answers will determine the additional questions we ask because different lenders have different criteria. We will always explain the process and address any queries you have regarding the information required.
When you apply for a mortgage with us, we will gather your direct debit information and share it with your lender. If any expenses are associated with the chosen products, like a valuation fee, we will request your payment details.
Mortgage lenders have their own privacy notices and are responsible for your personal data. They may use your information to assess your creditworthiness and may impact your credit score. We’ll always notify you about this process. We’ll also give you a heads up before any funds are debited from your accounts.
We provide life insurance and building and contents insurance to our mortgage customers. When customers are interested in life insurance, we collect health information to help the insurers determine coverage and premiums.
We collect customer information and potential vulnerabilities to comply with FCA regulations regarding vulnerable customers. Learn more about our obligations to vulnerable customers.
Updating Your Details
As a returning customer, we may use your existing information to auto-fill forms for new product applications, but we’ll verify the accuracy and currency of these details.
We collaborate with Experian and other partners to populate our online forms with your available information, reducing the need for you to type. However, you still have control and can modify any answers.
If you have an account or policy with another organisation we referred you to, please contact them directly to update your information.
We record calls to ensure accurate information, prevent fraud, and resolve disputes.
Profiling and; Marketing
We may reach out to you regarding other products that align with your interests. We’ll always seek your consent and provide clear communication methods. You can easily opt out of marketing communications anytime, conveniently using the same contact method.
If you have a mortgage or insurance with us, we’ll reach out when it’s ending to help you find the best rates. Let us know if you don’t want to be contacted.
We share information with organisations like Experian and platforms like Facebook to better target online audiences. Data service providers, such as Experian, assist us with data matching, segmentation, and profiling. Segmentation involves grouping anonymous data into specific types that match similar characteristics within a population. We ensure that these third-party organisations cannot use our customers’ personal data for their own gain. You have control over direct marketing through the privacy settings provided by the advertising platforms we use. We also analyse the information we collect from clients to enhance the customer experience.
We might reach out for market research. We may hold promotions, contests, and giveaways, but your contact information won’t be used for marketing unless you give separate consent.
Money laundering and detecting illegal activities.
We must report suspicious activities related to money laundering or fraud to the National Crime Agency as required by law. We are also allowed to report suspected crimes to the relevant authorities.
We must share personal data when legally mandated or ordered by a court.
We can share personal data to protect the public from fraud.
We use Google Analytics to track website usage, understand trends, and enhance the user experience. However, our reports do not identify individual users.
We track email activity like opening time, device type, and clicked links. This information may be shared with listed organizations for similar purposes, but they can’t use it for direct marketing without your consent or an existing relationship if you’ve opted out before.
We track phone calls to gather information on time, date, device type, and website source.
We track public feedback on social media to enhance our products and customer interactions.
Training and Testing
We don’t use customer data for training or testing purposes. Dummy data sets are always used instead.
We gather data indirectly.
We must verify our customers’ identities to comply with the law, which prevents criminals from exploiting financial systems or stealing innocent people’s identities using fake names and addresses. Checking everyone’s identity is crucial in combating money laundering and other illegal activities.
We’ll check your name and address using credit agencies and electoral roll databases to confirm your identity. If we can’t verify it this way, you may need to provide alternative documents. This won’t impact your credit history or status.
We’ll keep a record of any information you provide about other people on the joint mortgage application.
Estate Agents can provide comments on potential purchases on our data collection form.
We use your information to offer the services you expect, like sending renewal reminders and assisting with complaints or investigations.
We can share information as allowed by law for resolving legal rights and disputes.
Automated Decision Making
We don’t make automated decisions. We provide information to lenders and insurers so they can decide on the product you’ve chosen.
How we get personal information, and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• When you submit a mortgage application or request, we collect the necessary information to assess your eligibility and suitability for the mortgage products and services we offer.
• When you create an account on our website, we gather your details to facilitate communication and provide personalized services.
• If you contact our customer support, we may record the information you share to assist you with inquiries or issues you may have.
• When you sign up for newsletters or marketing communications, we use the provided information to deliver updates and promotions as per your preferences.
• In the process of conducting financial assessments or property valuations, we gather relevant personal and financial details to ensure accurate evaluations.
• For legal and regulatory compliance, we collect certain personal information as required by applicable laws and regulations.
• When you participate in surveys or feedback mechanisms, the information you provide helps us improve our services based on your insights.
• If you engage with us on social media platforms, the information you share allows us to interact and respond to your comments, messages, or posts.
• In cases where you provide testimonials or reviews, the information shared contributes to building trust and credibility with our prospective clients.
Please be assured that the personal information collected for these purposes is handled with the utmost care and in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• Process your mortgage applications and requests efficiently, ensuring accurate assessments of your eligibility for our mortgage products and services.
• Create and manage your account on our website, allowing you to access personalized features and information.
• Provide effective customer support by using the provided details to address your inquiries, troubleshoot issues, and offer assistance.
• Deliver newsletters and marketing communications that match your preferences, keeping you informed about relevant updates, promotions, and industry news.
• Conduct thorough financial assessments and property valuations based on the personal and financial information you provide.
• Fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations by collecting and using specific personal information as required by applicable laws.
• Enhance our services based on insights gathered from surveys and feedback you provide, aiming to meet your needs more effectively.
• Interact with you on social media platforms, responding to your comments, messages, and posts, and engaging in meaningful conversations.
• Display your testimonials or reviews on our platform, with your consent, to showcase your positive experiences and build trust with potential clients.
We ensure that the information you provide is handled responsibly and used for these purposes while adhering to all relevant data protection laws and regulations. Your privacy and the security of your personal information are of the utmost importance to us.
We may share this information with:
• Lenders and financial institutions for the purpose of processing your mortgage application and securing the necessary financing.
• Credit reference agencies to conduct credit checks and assess your creditworthiness as part of the mortgage application process.
• Insurance providers to facilitate any insurance products related to your mortgage agreement.
• Legal professionals and regulatory authorities as required by law or to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
• Service providers and partners who assist us in delivering our services, such as IT support, marketing, and customer relationship management.
• Survey and research firms to help us gather feedback and insights that can aid in improving our services.
Rest assured, when sharing your information with these entities, we take appropriate measures to ensure your privacy and data security. We hold our partners and service providers to high standards of data protection.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep the collected personal information for the duration required to fulfil the purposes mentioned earlier. This retention period may vary depending on legal requirements, contractual obligations, and the nature of the information.
Once the retention period has lapsed, we will dispose of your information using secure methods. This may involve permanent deletion from our electronic records and the safe destruction of any physical copies. We are committed to ensuring that your data is handled responsibly and in line with applicable data protection law
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , 020 3827 8558 ,31, Metro Centre, Dwight Rd, Northwood, Watford WD18 9SB.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk